Lineup Analysis (5/6/22) | RotoGraphs Fantasy Baseball
The American League
• David Fletcher (.487 OPS) and Tyler Wade (.648 OPS) are shortstop at Andrew Velazquez (.392 OPS) with second at split time.
• Brandan Marsh is hitting just .216 / .216 / .378 over the past two weeks, has been down the lineup, and has been on the bench for some time.
• Since Jose Altuve came off the IL, Chas McCormick (.719) is no longer batting leadoff and splitting time with Jose Siri (.574 OPS).
• Jed Lowrie (.568 OPS) has hit five of the last six games.
• Sheldon Neuse (.813 OPS) continues to bat second.
• Since coming off the IL, Kevin Smith (.620 OPS) has had four games in four starts.
• Raimel Tapia (.510 OPS), Bradley Zimmer (.298), and Vinny Capra (.200 OPS) are the ones splitting one outfield spot and sometime when someone else takes a day off.
• Andrés Giménez is a heater on. He’s started seven straight games and is hitting .344 / .349 / .547 with 2 HR and 1 SB on the season.
• Richie Palacios (vs RHP) and Oscar Mercado (vs LHP) are an outfield platoon.
• Jarred Kelenic (vs RHP) and Dylan Moore (vs LHP) are a platoon.
• Rougned Odor has a six-straight second base.
• More of a Mess in the Past.
• Kole Calhoun (vs RHP) and Eli White (vs LHP) are an outfield platoon.
• Andy Ibáñez is on a little hot streak (.348 / .423 / .478 with 1 HR and 2 SB over the last two weeks) and has started five of the last six.
• Charlie Culberson (.576 OPS) only starts against third base at lefties. His replacement varies.
• Over the last 10 days, here are the number of games the “regulars” have started (two games against lefties):
Yandy Díaz: 9
Wander Franco: 9
Manuel Margot: 9
Randy Arozarena: 9
Brandon Lowe: 9
Taylor Walls: 9
Kevin Kiermaier: 7
Brett Phillips: 5
Harold Ramirez: 5
Isaac Paredes: 3
Looks like there are six regulars who can be rostered.
• Jackie Bradley Jr. (vs RHP) and Christian Arroyo (vs LHP) are an outfield platoon.
• Bobby Dalbec (.444 OPS) has had only three starts in his last six games with Franchy Cordero (.536 OPS) in his place.
• Edward Olivares (.902 OPS, 2 SB) is one of the last three games to lead the league in tackles. Kyle Isbel (.481 OPS) didn’t play any of those games.
• Ryan O’Hearn has two straight at first base.
• Hunter Dozier has just started three of the last seven games.
• Over the last seven days, Akil Baddoo is hitting .375 / .500 / .375 and was on the batting leadoff Thursday. (Ed. note: I didn’t make him put it in here!)
• Austin Meadows (.747 OPS) is not sitting against lefties.
• What a mess, but the regulars seem to have their spots.
• Trevor Larnach (.786 OPS), Nick Gordon (.613 OPS), and Gilberto Celestino (.708 OPS) are the sharing one outfield spot.
• Jose Miranda (preseason top-100 prospect) has three straight games at first base.
• Luis Arraez and Carlos Correa are both out, so even more changes are on the way.
• Gavin Sheets (.578 OPS) has started seven of eight games.
• Josh Harrison has posted a .754 OPS over the last seven days while posting seven straight games.
• Yoán Moncada is expected off the IL on Monday so Jake Burger’s (.653 OPS) playing time might dry up.
• Jose Trevino (vs RHP) and Kyle Higashioka (vs LHP) are a catcher platoon.
• With everyone healthy, one-of-a-kind stars every game.
• Gleyber Torres is hitting .278 / .290 / .528 with 2 HR over the past two weeks.
• Travis Demeritte has hit .503 / .368 / .545 with 2 HR on the season.
• Ronald Acuña Jr. has yet to start in a row and is hitting .200 / .286 / .240 so far.
• Lorenzo Cain has hit seven of the last 10 games while hitting .385 / .529 / .385 over the past week.
• Luis Urías is off the IL and led off Thursday.
• Juan Yepez has his first two games and is batting fifth. He was hitting .279 / .323 / .651 with 9 HR in AAA. Dylan Carlson from He’s been taking time away.
• Andrew Knizner has not had a batting average drag compared to most catchers (.250 / .341 / .389 with 1 HR) and gets about three starts a week.
• Alfonso Rivas might only be up against the righties (one instance) but has led the way in hitting the last three games while hitting .333 / .438 / .481 with 1 HR on the season.
• Jason Heyward (vs RHP) and Michael Hermosillo (vs LHP) are still a platoon.
• A nightmare, at least there are many fantasy-relevant players.
• Nine games in three home runs with a power stroke found by Nick Ahmed.
• Ketel Marte is hitting the bottom sixth while hitting .174 / .252 / .315 with 1 SB and 1 HR.
• Pavin Smith has seven starts and hitting .268 / .354 / .451 with 3 HR on the season.
• The only change with Steady is Will Smith (.762 OPS) when hitting cleanup.
• While already confusing, the team is expected to have several players (Belt, Longoria, La Stella, and Wade) coming off the bench this weekend with Mike Yastrzemski just coming back. The only person I’d expect to be in their full-time role is Brandon Crawford. The two players who could see their value were the biggest hit Wilmer Flores and Thairo Estrada.
• Jesús Sánchez (vs RHP) and Bryan De La Cruz (vs LHP) remain a platoon.
• Jazz Chisholm Jr. The six lefties of the sat against four. For his career, he has a .677 OPS versus LHP and .774 versus RHP. The difference is even bigger this year (1.107 vs. .439).
• Garrett Cooper and Jon Berti are the only startup lefties. The only obvious player that heads to the bench is Joey Wendle.
• Dominic Smith (.590 OPS), JD Davis (.725 OPS), Travis Jankowski (.728 OPS), and Luis Guillorme (.769 OPS) are the one lineup spot for battling. Sometimes one or more starts if you need a break.
• Yadiel Hernandez (.917 OPS) has nine of the last ten and is hitting either fourth or fifth.
• Victor Robles has hit six straight while hitting .355 / .400 / .484 over the last two weeks.
• Maikel Franco (.720 OPS) has started every game this year.
• Alcides Escobar (.480 OPS) is a losing play to Lucius Fox (.195 OPS)
• Matt Beaty (.309 OPS) has seven of six starts with Wil Myers on IL.
• Alec Bohm (.793 OPS) has moved into the top two lineup spots the last two games.
• Odúbel Herrera (1.058 OPS) has been on fire since joining the team.
• Ben Gamel (vs RHP) and Jake Marisnick (vs LHP) are a platoon.
• Instead of playing Josh VanMeter (.496 OPS) with some righties against Michael Chavis (.782 OPS).
• Rookie Jack Suwinski (.400 OPS) has had seven of the last eight games.
• It’s a mess with several injuries (ie India, Naquin, Votto).
• Brandon Drury (.777 OPS, 4 HR) has seven straight games.
• Since coming off the IL, Mike Moustakas has hit six straight while hitting .400 / .455 / .600 during that stretch.
• Sam Hilliard (vs RHP) and Yonathan Daza (vs LHP) are an outfield platoon.